Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Office Chill

My office

My office is sometimes almost home to me since I spend more time here than in any other place (excluding sleeping areas). Since its very difficult to find a decent spot nearby to have quick escape that really feels like its an escape. Unfortunately we do not have a proper city center that serves people that work later that 1:30. I guess city planners thought that everyone somehow is an employee of the Ministry of Affairs (Shu2oon) and other malfunctioning ministries. I do not call Starbucks and the likes an escape, if anything its adds more distress than releif. I guess I dont like to see a copy and paste places. Anything that has quiet and unique atmoshphere with really good lunch offerings.

So I though, ok i can make my own office an escape. Add a bit of music selection and order some good lunch niblets and voila!


My Office Music Selection:

Sabah O Masa -Fairuz
King of Sorrow - Sade
Live with Me - Massive Attack
Meditation - Tom and Joy
Life in Rain - Quantic
Sueno Ideal - Agnes Jaoui (highly recommended)
Rhum and Coca Cola - Arielle Dombasle
Bang Bang - Nancy Sinatra
Legrimas Negras - Bebo Valdez, Diego Elcigala & Alicia Keys (highly recommended)

My Food Niblets:

Lobster Gyoza with ginger, chives and orange zest served with a sriracha and mirin rice vinegar sauce.

Dimsum of braised lamb shank with satay sauce in mini puff pastry parcels.

Crostini topped with a black olive and sundried tomato tapenade topped with ricotta cheese and roasted pine nuts drizzled with truffle oil.

Mixed green salad with goat cheese, fried almond slices, pan roasted balsamic pear cubes and a honey-pear vinaigrette.

Banana Mousse with cinnamon, coffee and caramel swirls



P.S. Get your hands on the awesome JBL Speaker called creature for KD 30 and turn your office into a musical experience filled with deep bass and crisp sound.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jewaira said...

You forgot one thing:

Someone to share those delightful moments with...

Lovely post :)

8/09/2006 10:29:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Jewaira: Well I do appreciate friends who pass by for a "quick" meal, otherwise I wouldn't be able to work.

D: I just moved in, so there is alot of work to be done.

8/10/2006 02:24:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Laialy: The boring summer brought me back hehe. As for the office, i'm still working on it so i will inform you when the tours start :p

8/13/2006 02:34:00 AM  
Blogger Cuteberry said...

Sign me up for those Office tours ;)

What's the fees?
Will it include the yummy food bites? :P

ohh and because of you,, all I have on mind is "Bang! Bang! He shot me down .. Bang! Bang! I hit the ground.. Bang Bang! that awful sound.. Equalizer shot me dowwwwwwnnn" :P

8/14/2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

cuteberry: well maybe a luscious kiss will get u in :p hehehe

As for the Bang Bang song it kinda get inside your head ha? Try to listen to the other ones just as good ;)

P.S. My office is like a takeout box of food bites, you never know what your gonna get (lame attempt of adapting Forest Gump) :p

8/14/2006 01:14:00 PM  
Blogger Cuteberry said...

*giggles* Couldnt find a better comment than "LOL!" *wink*

8/14/2006 03:37:00 PM  
Blogger Cuteberry said...

Ohh and if am not mistaken .. You chose "NEVER to have a Liscious kiss" .. so stick to your opinion honey :P heheheh

Proof Provided:

http://q8cuteberry.blogspot.com/2006/08/real-dilemma.html

8/14/2006 03:42:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

True I said that, so what r u saying? you are giving up the office tour? :p

8/15/2006 02:31:00 PM  
Blogger sexygoba said...

DO they deliver your 'food niblets'?

8/17/2006 10:27:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

sexygoba: Well these are food niblets that I imagine someday someone will start serving...so for now there is no such thing :)

8/18/2006 08:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home