Monday, August 14, 2006

Hotel Lock Down

Dar Said. Sidi Bou Said. Tunisia. Photo by Equalizer



In a hotel room. All alone and you don't feel like going out. You have the whole hotel to yourself. What do you do?

My program would be the following (depending on hotel facilities):

  • Swim a couple of laps in the pool.
  • Read a book and tan near the pool.
  • Order drinks and food and finish it off with a cigarette.
  • Take another dip in the pool.
  • Have a walk in the garden, while listening to my iPod music.
  • Go to the gym and workout for an hour.
  • Go to my massage appointment and hammam.
  • Change into something breezy and head out to the lounge to sip a cool drink or coffee, socialize when possible.
  • Have a nice dinner.
  • Another walk in the garden.
  • Read book before sleeping.

Food Favorites:

Pool Side: Nothing beats a good ol' burger. The way I like it is with a nice poppy seed kaiser roll, thick n juicy freshly grilled chopped sirloin, melted red leicester cheese, butter lettuce, heirloom tomatoes, crinkle cut pickles, caramellized onions, brown mustard and aioli sauce. In Dar Said: I had a beureka, a thin pastry sheet filled tuna and egg and deep fried until crispy. served with harissa (a chilli-garlic paste).

Dinner: Depends on the country I am in, i would try one of the local specialties. Had a fish couscous at the amazing annex property called Dar Zarouk.
View from pool at Dar Said. Right, Dar Zarouk




Music Favorites:

Pool / Garden : Almost Everything.

Dinner: Jazz, Lounge, Blues, etc.


9 Comments:

Blogger Cuteberry said...

You'll see me by the pool side ALL DAY LONG.. Armed with an i-pod and a fun novel ;)

8/14/2006 03:47:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

d: me too.

cuteberry: Try using Raspberries for tanning ;)

Shaolin Monkey: Yeah that plan would be great to do on the second day. Or any motel 6 on death valley.
Constipation by the way is a much harsher punishment, so I would do the following. Serve free hormel wrangler hotdogs and top them off with a hot harrissa. Result: 2 day constipation with a hellfire in your stomache. Remedy: none.

8/14/2006 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger Almond said...

Apparently I shouldn't read your blog on an empty stomach cause now I am STARVING. lol.

8/14/2006 08:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A Bottle In The Sea!
I know that it's hopeless to write this down, but it would be so great to find what I'm looking for!
Here it goes;

I'm looking for an adult male pure breed West Highland White Terrier.

If you have one, or know someone who has one, or know someone who could help me to find one, I'll be interested in buying it!

So could you all please spread this?

I know that it's a rare breed in Kuwait, but I would love to have it, fix your price!

P.S In case you don't know how it looks like just Google it!

8/15/2006 09:03:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Ora Najwa: I eat and still get the same feeling. ALWAYS HUNGRY.

Laialy: The whole country is white and blue!

Orange Juice: Thanks. you should go there!

Tequilla69: I dare you do it!! hehe

Blue Ice Envy: R u sure this is where you want to comment? :p

8/16/2006 12:38:00 AM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Sounds like a very enjoyable itinerary.

8/17/2006 12:17:00 AM  
Blogger sexygoba said...

Good choices and excellent destination!

I love burger by the pool, especially if it's sea-line and burning under the sun!!

Don't forget ice cold beverage by the pool with a slice of lemon if it's a coke! ;p

8/17/2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger the tooth.fairy said...

Wowww..

Raww3a.. Raww3a..

I don't know what tunis looked like.. And I like what I see.

Fekra e3jebatni ;)

Enjoying the sight of the vivid colors of the photos.

Bss try getting out of the hotel and enter the world of Tunisia around you.. I believe its much much different than the hotel's atmosphere.

Have a Happy happy holiday :>

8/18/2006 04:36:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Jewaira: It is indeed !

Sexygoba: For every destination there would be a different activity, but there has to be the usual pool / sea all day event. I love those, just relax and chill.

Butterfly: I did explore Tunisia, well atleast the north east part of it. There is alot that i could not put in one post, but hopefully I will dedicate a post with time. I'm trying not to promote it much, since it is still a virgin territory :)

8/18/2006 08:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home