Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Waking Up To Breakfast

Breakfast in the Garden. Photo by Equalizer

I am not a breakfast person at all. I can't wake up and all of a sudden start stuffing my self with food. However, there are certain occasions where breakfast is must. I love to have breakfast in nice open airy spaces, or in certain times in a very cozy authentic place. Alot of people wake up early to have the hotel breakfast. That's fair enough if you think its something different. Sometimes the breakfast itself isin't anything special, but the place really makes a difference and gives you a proper boost to the rest of the day. I sometimes wish I can have that place, if I didn't I'll just create my own gourmet creations.

Hotel de Russie, Rome. Photo by Equalizer

I usually like to try the local specialties whenever I travel. That really depends whether it is edible. In China they serve something called century egg. It literally looks like a century old egg. Its green, and thats enough description. However, I found out after days of searching that noodles are usually served for breakfast, so I had my noodles in China only for breakfast. Damn good ones! So here is my list of favorite Breakfast Spots:

  1. Cafe Pasqual, Santa Fe, NM: Huevos Rancheros, cant beat that.
  2. Cafe de Fleurie, Paris: You can't go wrong with the usual petit dejeuner, and add an omlette with fine herbes.
  3. Hotel de Russie, Rome: One of the best courtyard settings. Simple breakfast menu, but gets a boost from the the fresh buffalo ricotta cheese with rosemary honey.
  4. The Leela Palace,Bangalore, India: The best brunch scattered all over the property.
  5. My Kitchen ;)
Santa Fe, New Mexico, USA. Photo by Equalizer

Omlette with Fresh Thyme, Goat Cheese and Truffle Oil.

2 Eggs
1 tbs fresh chopped thyme
1 tbs crumbled goat cheese
1 tsp. truffle oil
1 tbs. fresh heavy cream
1 tsp. butter
salt
fresh cracked pepper

Whisk eggs with truffle oil, cream, thyme, salt and pepper. Heat butter on pan and pour whisked eggs. Move eggs to allow for excess mixture to fall on pan. Add goat cheese and fold. Leave for 30 seconds on the pan and transfer to serving plate. Serve with toasted slices of baguette.

4 Comments:

Blogger Delicately Realistic said...

Having breakfast 'as a meal' and not simply a cup of coffee and a piece od toast is a great great way to start ur day off. And even better when u do it in a beautiful place.
I love having breakfast :)

8/22/2006 03:09:00 PM  
Blogger Cuteberry said...

I ALWAYS enjoy my breakfast at 6 a.m. at News Cafe, Miami, Then have a nice walk on the beach where people would be jogging. Loved that view *sigh*

But nothing beats the darabeel breakfast at home bel winter heheh cant wait ;)

8/22/2006 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Fuzzy said...

damn i gained 2 pounds just by reading your delicious post heheh

8/23/2006 03:16:00 PM  
Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

I love breakfast but I kinda leave the nice big ones for when I'm on vacation...it becomes a lovely ritual..the rest of the year..I'm dieting!

8/23/2006 04:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home