Monday, August 22, 2005

Woman On Top


Ok, the movie wasn't that great, its just another chick flick. The most interesting part in it is the music and the cooking, whatever that tasted like. Seriously, didn't that movie make you want to cook? Even if you didn't know how to cook ? Well I know it made me cook like crazy. I was on a Brazilian cooking spree. I dont remember though what I had cooked, but it felt Brazilian to me. I have to be honest, I still dont know the Brazilian cooking well, so I will start with Braizilian Cuisine 101. Before we do, we have to understand what this is all about, from the movie's point of view. Well I really dont give a COW about the story line, its about cooking with passion strong enough that people feel your passion in your food. The only other movie, chick flick to be exact, was Simply Irresistable, but there was no music there, atleast worth mentioning. So ok, what are we doing here? I'll try to present a few Brazilian dishes that might give you bursts of passionate flavor bites, well that might neccessitate me cooking it LOL.

Ok what I'll do is a tamed version of the classic Brazilian Feijoada. You dont want to know what goes in the original version, and I dont think you might try it over there :p I can't even tell you the history of it, because that will put you off. So here it is...

Feijoada (Fay-Sh-Wa-Da)

300gms. of varied fresh beef sausages (prefer smoked sausages)

300gms of beef tenderloin

some slices of beef bacon

1 can of black beans

2 tbs vegetable oil

salt, garlic, chopped onions and bay leaves (bay leaves give a special taste to feijoada)


Ok so much for a simple classic dish, I would want to put my own imagination of what Brazilian food is really like. The most famous restaurant's in Brazil are the churascerias, which are basically Brazilian style grill houses, serving many cuts of meat of large skewers along with an open buffet. The system is basically eat all you can. On every table there would be a peice of wood with one side painted green and the other painted red, on green you would have the waiters coming to you with different cuts on the skewers and drop a peice or two in your plate, once you're full you flip it red. Very simple. So I'm gonna do my own churasceria menu.

Salad: Palm heart salad with black beans, red chilli, fresh young coconut meat, with cilantro and a tangy mango-lime dressing.

Main: 300 gms of Wagyu beed tenderloin grilled to perfection topped with a sweet and sour Brazilian style red curry sauce and a side of plantain chips dusted with cumin and chilli.

Dessert: Coconut mohalabia with sago and mango bits.

Recommended song on the movie soundtrack : Cinzas

Feel the passion!

17 Comments:

Blogger Papillona ® said...

I'm not so crazy about food and cooking, but your blog makes me drool and crave FOOOOOD!!

OH!! I know who you are..

it is nice to finally meet you Satan >:/

8/22/2005 03:58:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

LOL Sarah it is always my pleasure to torture people. Dont get me wrong, I'm not into S&M :p But if you are its ok hehe

8/22/2005 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Salty you bring me those "muffins" and i'll make the mhalabia for you! :p

As for the untamed version it contains alot of pork leftovers like pork ears and pork nose etc. It is originally created by slaves brought in to Brazil. They would gather those leftover cuts from the farms.

Just pretend I never wrote that :S

8/22/2005 05:45:00 PM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

YOU COOK?

8/23/2005 12:15:00 AM  
Blogger MBH said...

Equalizer, to prevent spam on your blog(s), enable word-verification in your settings.
---
I like the food here, but I always wonder: How do I cook those ingredients?!? ;p

8/23/2005 05:39:00 AM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

Salty.. his fonts are tiny! i couldn't read a thing! :/

8/23/2005 09:42:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Flamy, why are you talking to Salty about this ? :p OK I will make it bigger for all you grandmas out there ! :p

8/23/2005 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

MBH, well its a legitimate concern. Coming up with the exact recipe is a completely different task than creating the dish. So what I will do is do it on a case by case basis for any requests. Cooking is my free time hobby, so like any peice of art it does take quite a while to perfect it, which I usually do most of the times out of experience and not using an recipe base. Its basically free style cooking. Anything out of those items you need help with?

8/23/2005 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

oh..yeah..I remember the movie...but I think the best movie that I saw that was related to food was "Like Water For Chocolate"..anybody remember that?..I think it was a mexican movie that got an award or something...it was excellent!

8/23/2005 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

KL..(KuwaitiLady..:)..johny depp was definately yummier than the chocolate..glad to see you out and about dear..:)

8/23/2005 01:19:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Misscosmo! OMG I never saw the movie but the review is amazing, made me drool on my keyboard! And form a cinmatic point of view it seems to be a very good movie, especially coming from the director of "A walk in the clouds" I love those movies about the Mexican way of life. Thanks :**

8/23/2005 01:41:00 PM  
Blogger Papillona ® said...

who mentioned anything about chocolate here?

8/23/2005 01:57:00 PM  
Blogger MissCosmoKuwait said...

equalizer...anytime monsieur chef! let me know what you think of it once you see it...

8/23/2005 03:15:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

I dont know where the chocolate is coming from, but if u feel something sweet in here it has to be from all of u people :)

8/23/2005 03:39:00 PM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

LOL ok :P
i didn't tell you cos i saw people commenting! so i thought it must be something with my pc! but thanks to you, now i know why! :P

8/23/2005 03:52:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Girls I dont know what font ur talking about? am I seeing things differently here? or is it my browser coz i hate tiny fonts too.

8/24/2005 01:43:00 AM  
Blogger Flamingoliya said...

bSalty.. oh ok :p

Equalizer.. yes you are seeing things differently! compare your blog to mine! are they the same font size?
yours is so tiny! even when i enlarged the font size on explorer nothing happened!

8/24/2005 06:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home