Thursday, September 01, 2005

After Work Idea

Fettucine Verde con Crema Funghi Balsamico con Tartufo. Photo by Equalizer

It has been a while now since I cooked my last pasta dish. My friends always complain about me not writing down recipes, nor remembering the basic ingredients of the dish. Yesterday I thought I should give it a shot at writing down everything I create. Being the last day of work, the last thing I can think off is to cook a whole meal. I wanted something quick and simple. I thought the best thing to do is pasta, although I know there are quicker alternative, but my carb craving kept influencing my decisions. I went straight to the co-op to get the ingredients. Sometimes, the recipe I have in mind gets altered as I walk down the isles and find things I want to try. The same happens when I cook. I never stick to a certain idea, it is always fluid and dynamic. If the thought crosses my mind, I'll do it. This time I brought my Canon 300D camera to record the historical moment.

Fettucine Verde con Crema Funghi Balsamico e Tartufo

2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 medium sized red onion finely chopped
6 cloves crushed garlic
1 tsp. crushed black pepper
1 tsp herbes de provence
1/2 dried ancho chile
1 tsp. chipotle chile in adobo
1 tsp. sundried tomato pesto
1 tbs. capers
1 tsp. truffle butter
1/4 grated parmesan cheese
3 tbs. basil infused olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt
4 cups cooked green fettucine


Method

Heat basil infused olive oil to medium heat. Add onions, garlic and black pepper. Sautee until soft. Add mushrooms, herbes de provence and ancho chile. Cover and cook for 5 minutes until all the mushrooms realease juices. Add balsamic vinegar and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add cream, sundried tomato pesto, capers, chipotle chile, parmesan and truffle butter. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve over hot cooked green fettucine. Garnish with cracked black pepper, parmesan cheese and infused olive oil.

Serves 2 ( or all for Equalizer ;p)


p.s. I have added a few mexican and south western ingredients for that extra kick. Not to forget the famous provencal herb mix. Bon appetito amigos :)

14 Comments:

Blogger ray said...

it looks delicious , as usual :)

9/01/2005 11:12:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

violet83: Welcome to my blog, keep checking back for more :)

samathaq8: You can find truffle butter at the tasters corner in shamiya. Also you would find difficulty in finding dried acho chiles and chipotle in adobo. substituting them with paprika will be fine.

Salty: yeah i know I really need to do so, once I start writing my recipes and get everyones blessing. as for the second point, I did :)

Ray: I'm glad you are enjoying it.

9/02/2005 02:13:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Well if I did tell you where it will ruin the party hehe. I am sure you have tried it or have heard of it. Let's say it is one of the new "in" places. :p

9/02/2005 06:40:00 PM  
Blogger Mona said...

That is the most elaborate pasta recipe I've ever seen, and the most delicious-sounding. I'm a huge mushroom fan and will have to try this out. Will let you know but it promises to be delicious...

9/02/2005 06:41:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Mona Li: I'm glad you liked it. Just keep checking back for more :)

Salty: Patience is a virtue. You might just do a bit of homework hehe

9/02/2005 10:05:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Salty: well you never know if you are a customer or not :p

9/03/2005 01:42:00 AM  
Blogger La La said...

I can't take this anymore...

9/03/2005 11:53:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Salty I will serve you better ;p

9/03/2005 06:32:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

janjoon: You mean that in a good way or bad way?

9/03/2005 10:59:00 PM  
Blogger La La said...

in a good way turning into a bad way....this is driving me bananas

9/04/2005 12:13:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Too bad we are worlds apart LOL :p

9/04/2005 02:10:00 PM  
Blogger Jan6a said...

How many calories do you think is in that dish ? :(

We need healthy healthy low calorie savouries that are easy to prepare and delic-Yony!

9/05/2005 02:21:00 AM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Amie: welcome to my blog. I hope it turned out well :)

Jan6a: There is something called portions :p Eat whatever you like but in controlled portions. In any case I will try to put some lighter recipes :)

9/05/2005 12:16:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Not without my heals: LOL I have tasting session all the time, you are more than welcome to join :)

9/09/2005 10:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home