Tuesday, September 13, 2005

The Caramel Diaries: The Stratagem

The Stratagem

Its 5:30 PM and Marzipan is in his recently bought CAV GT40 modeled on the classic Ford GT40 race car. His ability to drive has been almost impaired, with one hand on the wheel and the other hand while shifting gears, is holding a flask filled with his favorite bourbon. The signs of stress is written all over him, the area around his eyes puffed up and dark, and eyes that could speak of horrors. This is the defining moment for Marzipan, the decision has been taken. A man with strong convictions in his beliefs, yet weak at heart. Depression was his best friend.

Marzipan has always knew what he wanted, but he always caved in to pressure by his friends. His behaviors are erratic at times and very aggressive. His inability to come to terms with his own personality has created a different side to him. Now a reckless person on the street, a danger to others. The speedometer reading 180 kmh and the sound of the engine roaring behind him only to be muted by loud hardcore trance. He downshifts as he approaches the traffic light on Damascus St. Under the third ring road, until the car comes to halt.

Looking down to the passenger seat, he finds his phone blinking. He has not been answering any phones lately, but tonight he is waiting for one phone call that will change his life. A paradigm shift. He looks at his phone. This is it. The cars behind started honking, the traffic light is green. The only good think that he did today, was to use a Bluetooth earset. His potential danger to drivers in the streets are alleviated a little by a small piece of technology. He quickly clicks the button on his earpeice to pickup the call, shifts into first gear and releases the clutch, only to leave a big cloud of burnt rubber smoke behind him.

"Hey, its done just like you told me" a soft feminine voice told Marzipan. "Good" he says it with as if he had expected it. "well I guess you know where to find us" she resolvedly said. Marzipan taking a deep breath "You just do what you have to do and I will stick to my end of the bargain, but if you..." Marzipan is suddenly interrupted by her "Hey, I don't wanna hear it ok? just come over" she drops the line. They had a special relationship that was compromised by a single event. An event that allowed Marzipan to finally get access to what he wants.

He turns left on second ring road and revs up the engine to quickly get to his destination. Tonight I will get what I want, I wont let it go, not this time.


To be continued........

P.S. I found out that there is a similar name to this series which is a Japanese anime called Caramel Diary. Just incase you thought I stole the name, I did not :) She doesn't even look like someone that goes on business trips LOL.








Toasted Almond & White Chocolate Caramel Cheescake

White Chocolate Ganache
1 C. white chocolate chips
2 T. unsalted butter
1 1/2 C. cream
1/3 C. sugar

Crust
15 double graham crackers
1/3 C. dark brown sugar
4 T. unsalted butter

Caramel
1 C. sugar
1/2 C. water
few drops vinegar or lemon juice
1 1/2 T. cornstarch
1/2 C. cream
1 T. unsalted butter

Cheesecake Batter
2 1/2 lbs. cream cheese, very soft
2 1/2 C. sugar
5 eggs
2 t. pure vanilla extract
1 C. toasted almond slivers





14 Comments:

Blogger Jan6a said...

27361 calories :(

9/13/2005 11:11:00 PM  
Blogger Peach said...

oo I hate caramel! Can't stand it in chocolate, ice cream, candy or anything at all!

Marzipan however! I LOVE! el Ba7sili used to sell them in shapes of little fruit, yummy! don't know if they still sell em though.

As for Marzipan the guy! The suspence is killing me!! What is that which he wants I wonder!! hmmm.

9/14/2005 04:18:00 AM  
Blogger La La said...

getting fat reading your blog...

9/14/2005 10:36:00 AM  
Blogger Blossom said...

Yummy Marzipan :P

I want that cheese cake !

Oh ,OMT... should the cheese cake batter be baked ?!I think it has eggs and it should be baked ?!

9/14/2005 12:34:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

not without my heels: Tell you something? I hate marzipan! LOL OK the diaries thing is going too far hehe.

Jan6a: heard of small portions? :p

Peach: We are opposites! LOL

Janjoon: Oh comeon! you must be burning it all at the gym! Again portion control :p

Blossom: Definitely baked!! atleast thats the way I like it :p

9/14/2005 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

It was my best friend's birthday yesterday and I made her the cheese cake. Thank you it was fantastic! Just a question have you ever tried Chino-Cubano (chinese-cuban) food? It is mind blowing. We have alot of chino-cubano restaurants here on the Upper west side. If you're ever in NY check out La Flor de Mayo it's on Broadway (104).

9/14/2005 03:53:00 PM  
Blogger Jan6a said...

small portions are a tease!

9/14/2005 05:17:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Mia: I am glad you liked it! I have heard of Chino-Cubano before, but unfortunately I haven't tried it before. I am sure it is an intersting mix. It is probably similar to Peruvian cuisine, but I have to investigate, if I'm in NY, you have to show me around hehe.

Jan6a: don't get me started. :p

9/14/2005 08:26:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

not without my heals: can I call you Healy for short? Yeah sure, why not, I'm always up for some action :p

9/14/2005 09:28:00 PM  
Blogger Mia said...

It's nothing like Peruvian food at all maybe i'll hook you up with some recipes and you can try it on your own. If you're ever in NY i'm your guide!

Oh yeah love caramel, not too fond of marizpan.

9/14/2005 11:32:00 PM  
Blogger Jewaira said...

Sounds like he's in Sin City not on Damascus St.
Oh the broody, depressive but hot and sexy Marzipan boy. Mmmm
The photo makes me want to lick the LCD screen. Stop the temptation ;)

9/15/2005 02:56:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Healy: Beleive me it will blow your mind away! :p

Grandma Funk: LOL wow you really must've had a tramautic experience with marzipan. Tells you seomthing about the character :p

Mia:Then I'll be coming soon hehe. Oh marzipan, I knew its going to be a love or hate thing.

Jewaira: You are good, you read my mind? or does my writing really convey my thoughts well? hehe You have any LCD protective cover? you will be needing it hehe.

9/15/2005 07:59:00 PM  
Blogger Closet Diva said...

Awesome blog! but not a good idea for those trying to watch their weight!

9/16/2005 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Equalizer said...

Luminous: welcome to my blog :) you might eat to live, I preffer to live to eat, and I am not fat! :P

Healy: No I wasn't talking about marzipan! :p

9/16/2005 04:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home